- Adventure Done Right
Bridestowe Lavender Fields, in Tasmania.
We visited during Blooming Season when the fields were really in FULL Bloom. Make sure you check out their website to learn more details about the BEST time to visit so you get the most from your experience. We absolutely recommend you going in *their summer months! Tours available and running multiple times a day, make sure to ask about tour times when you check in at the front gate.
How to get here: Launceston is the closest Tasmanian city to Bridestowe Estate. Daily flights into the historic riverside city are available from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane through Qantas, Virgin Australia, Jetstar or Tiger Air.
• Take your time. Walk the fields and the farm. Really see all this place has to offer.
• Take LOTS of picture and video! The breathtaking colors and expansive views are a photographer’s dream.
• Take the tour. It's really informative and our guide was great. It doesn't take up a lot of time and you get to learn the history of the farm and fields. Check out the facility and production.
• Try the Lavender Ice Cream from the Ice Cream truck on the premise! On a hot day it's sure to cool you down.
• Stop by the cafe and shopping gift shop for a bite to eat and some lavender treats to take home with you.
Things to Pack: Make sure you pack / wear your hat. The fields are in a wide open space and during the peak summer months it is in full sun. A hat will help with your outdoor experience wandering through the fields. And speaking of the sun, make sure and pack plenty of sunscreen. Don't forget your camera or GoPro, or video devices. Bring your devices fully charged and capture all you can during your time here! Lastly, we recommend sneakers, or walking shoes, as the fields are dusty, we wouldn't recommend sandals! It's a lot of walking if you want to travel all the way through the farm and fields and see it all!
Admission: When we were traveling through we were followers on both Instagram and Friends of Bridestowe Newsletter which we were able to present at the front gate upon arrival for FREE ENTRY into the fields. We recommend you joining the newsletter before you travel for your free admission pass to the fields.
Where we stayed (Hotel):
Mantra Charles Hotel, Launceston.
287 Charles Street, Launceston, TAS, 7250, Australia
Address: 296 GILESPIES ROAD NABOWLA TAS 7260PH +61 3 6352 8182